PROTHERM™ series CV heaters are efficient, long to medium wavelength infrared panel heaters for rugged industrial heating applications requiring higher watt density and excellent uniformity.
- Operates at surface temperatures up to 1600 F(2.5 micron-peak).
- Designs up to 45 watts per square inch.
- Unique opaque Quartz face material.
- Highly efficient and effective.
Efficiencies exceeding 83% have been proven.
- Heats up to processing temperatures in about 3-5 minutes.
- Cools down to "safe" temperatures in about 5-10 minutes.
- Operating life excess of 6,000 hours is expected when operated at 80% of rated output.
- Uniform full heat area.
- Resistive load can be precisely controlled.
- Completely field serviceable.
- Heats all colors uniformly.
- Aluminized steel sheet metal case
- Custom size
- Mounting studs
- 6" lead wires in a 2x4 or 4x4 junction box
Maximum width = 18"
Maximum length = 4'
Thickness = 3"
Optional Features (add'l cost)
- Stainless steel case
- Type "K" thermocouple
- Long lead wires
- Special conduit fittings
- Flexible metallic conduit
- Special mounting devices or locations
- Multiple zones
- Water resistant
Series CV heaters can be mounted in any direction as long as the internal elements remain horizontal. Element direction is indicated by an arrow stamped into the back cover and normally run in the long direction. Element direction can be made across the width, but must be specified at time of order. We encourage customers to let us know how the heaters are being mounted and applied in new applications so we can assure you get the longest heater life possible.
Click here to view General Instructions and Warnings on the Series CV Infrared Heaters.