PROTHERM™ Infraround series heaters are efficient, fast response, medium wavelength cylindrical infrared emitters designed for use in industrial heating applications for wire and cable, tubing, pipe, pultrusions, etc.
- Standard models can operate at element temperatures up to 1800F. Non-standard up to 2100F.
- Designs up to 45 watts per square inch.
- Unique serpentine metallic elements.
- Highly efficient and effective.
- Heats up to processing temperatures in about 30 seconds.
- Cools down to "safe" temperatures in about 30 seconds.
- Operating life excess of 10,000 hours is expected when operated at 80% of rated output.
- Can be mounted on an plane, ideal for horizontal runs or vertical towers.
- Self cleaning, maintenance free.
- Resistive load can be precisely controlled.
- Completely field serviceable.
- Heats all colors uniformly.
- Hinged design facilitates line thread-up
- Keyhold options available
- Aluminized steel sheet metal case
- Stainless steel protective face screen
- Mounting holes
- 6" lead wires in a 2x4 or 4x4 junction box
- (2) Type "K" T/C welded in
(one on each half)
- Standard dimensions
Maximum width = 15.5 x 15.5"
Length = 33"
Opening dia. = 2", 4", 6", 10"
(including protective face screen)
Optional Features (add'l cost)
- Stainless steel case
- Long lead wires
- Special conduit fittings
- Flexible metallic conduit
- Special mounting devices or locations
- Mounting frames
- Sheet metal spacers
- Custom sizes
- Custom lengths
Click here to view General Instructions and Warnings on the Inraround Infrared Heaters.